Monday, July 16, 2012

(dis)Couraged

So... normally I try and keep this blog upbeat - even when I am discouraged or being impatient.

But today I can't seem to drum up any bravado.

I am so discouraged... every time we work on our home study paperwork, it seems to grow.

We were going through all the papers this weekend, thinking we were down to the last form, almost ready to send it off... then I found the stack of forms that had somehow been separated from the rest... four or five forms with two copies of each - one for me and one for Ian. And some of them need to be notarized.

I was mad. I was frustrated. I wanted to throw my version of an adult temper tantum, followed by a comforting bowl of chocolate ice cream.

Mmmm....comfort in a bowl.
Instead, I got out my pen and started filling out the stupid forms...

The scripture I have prescribed for myself... Hebrew 12:1, 2:

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

We have a joy set before us too... with its own pain and suffering to be endured. We have a race to run, with encumbrances to lay aside.

We, too, have a great cloud of witnesses surrounding us, cheering us on. (aka - you guys!)

So I think that I will try and stop focusing on the rocks and stones I am bruising my feet on as we run this race and start focusing on the cheers... and our little bundle of joy to come.

Still, where is that chocolate ice cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment