Monday, August 13, 2012

Sweet Little Faces

This weekend was hectic and frustrating to me… the stresses of everyday life crowded in and we forgot to actually go and have the paperwork notarized.  I have been so used to waiting for it to be done that I somehow continued on in the “there is nothing I can do now” mode and by the time I remembered, the notary was closed. Now we have to wait for the next time we are both free and the notary is open… which will probably be weeks. Erg! How could I forget? I feel like I’ve failed my child and he or she will have to live a couple more weeks without knowing that he or she is no longer alone. I beat myself up quite a bit. But God is the lifter of my head… and the lifter of my child’s head too. God’s more powerful than my mistakes and He will work this out for good – even if I cannot see it yet.

So this week, I am leaning heavily on God’s grace and trying to move forward. I’m doing some little things like calling people, like our doctor and my employer, who need to send us forms that they promised to fill out. And I’m taking pictures of our apartment building and a few other things that are required for the home study.

Sometimes, when I am discouraged, I look at faces of orphans in Bulgaria – on blogs, waiting child listings, YouTube. Perhaps I will see my child and recognize them instantly. Perhaps not, but I love to look at the children anyway… waiting for love, with their sweet faces and sad eyes. I fondly dream of tossling hair and tickling little feet and know that all of this work will be worth it in the end.

Here is a video that shows some of those faces:



P.S. The showing of this video does not endorse the organization that made it… I know nothing of them – neither good nor evil. I am just sharing the faces of the dear little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment