Tuesday, December 11, 2012

All I Want for Christmas…

All I Want For Christmas

All I want for Christmas is you, my child -
You can throw a tantrum or be mild,
Blue eyes or brown, I don’t care
All I want is for you to be there.
I would give up gifts all wrapped in red,
If I could just see your pretty head.
I would set aside all parties and charms,
If I could hold you in my arms.
But my loving arms have no one to hold
And this waiting is really getting old.
Do you long for Mommy too?
Does it make your Christmas blue?
I want to know you, my cute little dear
To hear your voice and know you’re near.
To know the very beating of your heart,
Oh, I can’t wait for every precious part!
Your mommy misses you, my little one
And loves you very, very much – a ton!
If love could pay your adoption fee,
You already would be home with me!
Maybe next Christmas, there will be
Laughter and little toes under the tree.
If not, I believe my heart will break
Missing you is more than I can take.

by Melanie Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment